- You must be registered with Smart Young Things to buy or sell through the site. Registration is £2 for students and £25 for businesses.
- All sellers must be students at a higher education institution in the UK. To prove they are, they need to register using their .ac.uk email address.
- Payment is made before any work is started.
- Smart Young Things will only release the money when the work is completed.
- You may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through smartyoungthings.co.uk.
- Buyers are granted all rights for the work once it is delivered, unless otherwise specified by the seller within their job description or as agreed with the buyer.
- Buyers pay for all jobs in advance.
- Smart Young Things will pay sellers for every job upon successful delivery.
- Sellers’ accounts will be credited after Smart Young Things and PayPal have taken their commissions/ handling fee.
- Sellers may withdraw their revenues to a valid PayPal account.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the sellers revenue is returned to the buyer.
- When a buyer orders a job, the seller will be notified by email.
- Sellers must meet the delivery duration they specified when creating the job. Failing to do so will permit the buyer to cancel the order.
- Both buyers and sellers have the option to cancel an order by mutual agreement.
- Sellers and buyers identities are kept anonymous. To protect your privacy, avoid requesting or providing email addresses, Skype/IM usernames or any other personal contact information.
- All communication, information and file exchange should be performed exclusively through Smart Young Things using the messaging system.
- Posting or sending illegal, potentially offensive or copyright protected material will result in your account being blocked permanently.
Work delivery & communications
- It is your responsibility to scan all transferred files for viruses and malware. Smart Young Things accepts no responsibility for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the ‘Deliver Completed Work’ tab (located on the Order page).
- Once the work is delivered, the buyer has three days to respond and file a complaint. After that time, the order will be marked as complete.
- In the case that arbitration is required Smart Young Things’ decision is final.
- To withdraw revenues, sellers must have a valid PayPal account. Please make sure your PayPal account can receive incoming payments before withdrawing funds.
- Revenues will be made available after a safety clearance period of 14 days.
- PayPal’s transfer fees will always be taken from any transaction. This will vary depending on the amount withdrawn. You should refer to PayPal’s T&Cs for more details.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to refund or change this process once it has begun.
- Jobs may be purchased using a Credit Card or PayPal account.
- Once your payment is confirmed, your order will be created.
- As a buyer, your identity is kept anonymous at all times. To protect your privacy, avoid requesting or providing email addresses, Skype/IM usernames or any other personal contact information.
- You may not pay other users directly using their PayPal account. If you are asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately.
- Please avoid filing a dispute or reversing a payment through PayPal or your bank. Doing so may get your account blocked.
- In case of a problem, always try and work things out with your seller. If you need further assistance, contact our customer support.
- Order cancellations (when eligible) can be done by customer support only up to a period of 10 days from order completion date. We will not be able to cancel orders after that time.
- Some of the services on Smart Young Things may have to be delivered physically.
- When a buyer orders a job which delivers physically, the buyer will be required to provide a shipping address.
- The seller will be responsible for all shipping arrangements once the buyer supplies the shipping address.
- Smart Young Things does not handle or guarantee shipping, tracking, quality and condition of items or their delivery and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or other problems caused, directly or indirectly, from delivered items and their shipping.
- Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from blocked accounts after a safety period of 45 to 90 days, depending on block reason, from day of last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Smart Young Things approval.
- Smart Young Things reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently cancel accounts due to misbehaviour. Users with accounts on hold will not be able to sell or buy on Smart Young Things.
- Smart Young Things may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, Smart Young Things will make a new copy of the Terms of Service available at http://www.smartyoungthings.co.uk/terms-of-use.
- You understand and agree that if you use Smart Young Things after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Smart Young Things will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
- We encourage our buyers and sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails, users can contact Smart Young Things customer support department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Smart Young Things will not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to PayPal. Funds from order refunds are returned to the buyer’s balance and are available for future purchases on Smart Young Things.
- More information regarding PayPal’s T&C’s including fee’s can be found here: http://www.paypal.com/uk